Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer
|Job Location||: Suzhou, China|
|Date of Join||: 12th October|
|Duration||: 1 Year Contract|
|Reference number||: CHIDSS01|
|Contact us||: firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Deskside Support (On site)
- Operations and Administration
- Service request and incident management
- Device and software management limited to standard applications in the desktop and laptops
- Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes (IMACs)
- Assisting in Self Help Support.
- Exception Requests
- Onsite Infrastructure Support for dedicated FTE locations
- Asset disposal limited to third party coordination
Roles and responsibility:
A. Deskside Support
- Provide Deskside Support to the organization’s IT system and help to meet business goals. You will ensure that all computers and networks operate efficiently with high uptime.
- Install and maintain equipment and software
- Maintain technical documentation in association with other functional departments
Provide excellent service and meet client needs by offering cost-effective technological solutions
Perform other tasks as and when assigned
B. Operations and Administration
- Set up and test Desktop computer /Laptops / Printer’s/ Scanners / Projectors and other peripherals
C. Service Operations (Common Services)
- Incident management
- Provide support for Priority 1 or 2 incident as requested by Infrastructure or application support teams
- Service Request management
- Sub tasks associated with Service Request assigned to Desk Side services
- Tasks related to Joiner / Leaver Service Request process
- Problem Management
- Service Transition
- Continuous service improvement
- Performance Management
- Service Level Monitoring and management
Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes (IMACs)
- Receive, own end to end, coordinate and manage all user related IMAC requests ensuring satisfactory resolution and user updates as per defined processes for all delivered services. Coordinate to closure any requests escalated.
- Contact the End User and schedule an appropriate, agreed time for the work to take place.
- Provide a client example where you have implemented online technologies for IMAC request submission into a client environment that previously requested all IMAC activities manually. Draw out your contribution to reduce IMAC delivery timelines through online requesting and scheduling that have delivered outcomes. Outline the starting position, precise change initiatives and KPIs used to measure service performance
- Coordinate approved IMAC requests with local support teams for delivery of IMAC services.
- For new users and new hardware / software provide familiarisation and orientation activities to end user
Support for Telephony
- 1.Coordinate to resolve end customer desk phones and liaise with the local PABX vendor for dedicated sites
Support for Joiner / Leaver
- Coordinate with telephony team to supply phones to Joiner/ Leaver.
- Provide induction to New joiners in co-ordination with HR team.
- Toner / Cartridge replacement
- Co-ordinate with Managed Printer service provider
Device support for RF Scanner / IP Camera
- Provide hands & eye support for devices like RF Scanner and IP Camera where applicable
- Vendor co-ordination for problem resolution
Qualification & Experiences:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Working knowledge of Ms office products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- English: Reading and Writing
- Chines: Reading and Writing
Srindu Soft Pte Ltd.
Registration No. EA 18C9409
EA Registration No. R1879387