Desktop Engineer /Singapore
Job Title: IT Desktop Engineer (Singapore)
Type : Contract
Job Location : Singapore
Date of Join : April 2023
Duration : 1 Year Contract
Sector : IT
Salary : Negotiable
Experience : 3 – 4 Years
Contact us : email@example.com Website: https://srindusoftpl.com/career/
- Provide hands and feet support for the network team for remote installations. (Connecting router or switch to laptop with console cable and giving access to network team).
- Provide break-fix and Tech-refresh to the end-users.
- Knowledge of IMAC, IPAD, IPHONE support for IT infrastructure.
- Installing applications (software application and computer peripherals Drivers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving desktop / laptop related issues (Hardware and software) (Mic, Speaker, RAM, Blue Screen, Beep Sounds, Fan stop working, etc.)
- Installing and configuring and updating patches, Anti-Virus
- Follow up with end-users to ensure their systems are functional
- If required create technical documentation and manuals
- Handling VIP clients (Gentle, Soft spoken, Professional)
- Knowledge in MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- MS Outlook related Issues: Archive emails / Creating rule for backup / Inbox full Repair .PST file, Office 365, Emails Outlook (.PST archive).
- Incident Management System / Asset Management System: Handle and escalated tickets by the Service Desk, attending the users on priority basis SNOW (Service NOW ticketing tool).
- Network Issues: Troubleshoot all network connectivity issues.
- Printer Issues: Paper jam, Changing toners. Mapping drives and network printers. Installing Printers (Network Printers or USB Printers) and other Devices (Scanners), troubleshooting network printers.
- Microsoft SCCM: Microsoft SCCM for network re-imaging and deploying software.
Roles and responsibility:
- Provide Deskside Support to the organization’s IT system and help to meet business goals.
- Able to resolve local area networking issues to ensure connectivity to the Corporate network, and work with the Infrastructure and Messaging teams as necessary to resolve incidents.
- You will ensure that all computers and networks operate efficiently with high uptime.
- Install and maintain equipment and software
- Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading, and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers.
- Maintain technical documentation in association with other functional departments
- Provide excellent service and meet client needs by offering cost-effective technological solutions
- Provide Level-2 technical support for supported desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Perform other tasks as and when assigned
- Deskside support experience required
- Support is provided in a timely manner in accordance to published SLAs while maintaining a high level of customer satisfactions.
Operations and Administration:
- Set up and test Desktop computer /Laptops / Printer’s/ Scanners / Projectors and other peripherals
- Service Operations (Common Services):
- Incident management
- Provide support for Priority 1 or 2 incident as requested by Infrastructure or application support teams
- Service Request management
- Sub tasks associated with Service Request assigned to Desk Side services
- Tasks related to Joiner / Leaver Service Request process
- Problem Management
- Service Transition
- Continuous service improvement
- Performance Management
- Service Level Monitoring and management
Support for Telephony:
- Coordinate to resolve end customer desk phones and liaise with the local PABX vendor for dedicated sites
- Support for Joiner / Leaver:
- Coordinate with telephony team to supply phones to Joiner/ Leaver.
- Provide induction to New joiners in co-ordination with HR team.
- Toner / Cartridge replacement
- Co-ordinate with Managed Printer service provider
Device support for RF Scanner / IP Camera:
- Provide hands & eye support for devices like RF Scanner and IP Camera where applicable
- Vendor co-ordination for problem resolution
Qualification & Experiences:
- Minimum 3 – 4 years’ experience.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, or similar role
- Working knowledge of Ms office products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently and take ownership
- Experience troubleshooting intermediate complex local area network (LAN) and VPN connectivity issues
- MCSE /MCSA (Optional)
- Operating Systems: MS Windows 7 &10.
- Networking: TCP/IP Configuration, Domain Name System, DHCP
- Software: MS OFFICE 2016, 2019 Office 365
- Tools: McAfee Enterprise, Symantec Antivirus, Acronis, Norton Ghost,
- Skills: Assembly and Repair of Desktops and Laptops. TPM 2.0, Bitlocker
- Mobile and Tablet: Mobile phone (MDM) / Tablet Provisioning (MDM)
- English: Reading and Writing
- Skills to Handling VIP clients.